The wait is over... the massive new update is here: Patch 2.0 and the Rising Eclipse season. New missions, new mechanics, multiple balancing adjustments for encounters, loot, heroes and bosses await!
For reference, the patch notes are so long that they had to be split into two parts, start reading here for more details.
Here's the launch trailer:
Beside the patch, here are the more details on what the seasonal content brings to the (round) table:
- New Sídhe themed endgame, including new gameplay mechanics, new features and new maps
- Season 1 optionally available via the main menu
FACE A NEW THREAT
- Strange rifts are appearing all over the land and their gloom is blotting out the light
- The Rifts attract the interest of another power besides Camelot: the Sídhe
- The Sídhe are enigmatic beings, just as foreign to Avalon as these anomalies. That could explain why they gain instant benefits for the remainder of the current Mission after they conquer a certain number of Rifts:
- +5% Vitality for each Rift
- +5% Damage for the 4th Rift and for each following Rift
- +1 AP for the 7th Rift, and for each following Rift
CLOSE THE RIFTS
- The Knights of Sir Mordred's Round Table cannot benefit from the Rifts directly in battles. However, after a victorious battle you can close the Rifts.
- You can convert the energy of the closed Rifts into a precious resource called Eclipse Shards
BUILD THE SIDHE SHRINE
- Beneath the foundations of Camelot, an ancient Sídhe Shrine has been discovered, where you can convert the raw energy of the Rifts into magical enchantments.
- Every upgrade you create in the Sídhe Shrine will boost the capabilities of the members of the Round Table.
- These effects will remain permanent during the whole endgame.
NEW SKIRMISH PACK: SILVER TWILIGHT
- A new skimirsh pack has been added to the game (completely free), including ten new Sídhe themed maps and five difficulties.
- A new achievement, related to the new skirmish pack, has been added to the game.
We hope you like the new update, and feel free to leave any feedback if you have some thoughts on the game's current state. For the newcomers, we're happy to inform you that King Arthur: Knight's Tale is currently on sale on Steam (60% off, our biggest yet!), and the console versions are coming soon too!
Tarry not, onwards to Avalon!